Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Did It My Way

My typical day....

Wake-up: (chocolate or vanila) Protein shake (30g protein per scoop) made with ice water, +/- ~1 Tbs cocoa, +/- 1 tsp instant espresso, dash of cinnamon

Breakfast: egg cooked with coconut oil, black or pinto beans, avocado with EVOO/vinegar/salt, +/-salsa

Mid-morning: Kale Chips or similar

Lunch: Usually leftovers, like  lentils with chicken and mustard sauce

Mid-afternoon: Protein shake

Dinner: protein (fish, beef, chicken), vegetable (mashed cauliflower), lentils

I am also drinking a lot of water and iced green tea throughout the day.

Here's a helpful hint: make extra of dinner for lunch leftovers and/or make a large lunch meal on Sunday that you can easily pull out of the fridge and heat throughout the week.  I like to make a big bowl of lentils cooked with pancetta, veggies, and aromatics.  You can then add the leftover protein from dinner the night before for an easy lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment